1. What is the overall theme – color or synesthesia?
The overall theme I chose to address for my project is synesthesia. I am going to combine the mixture of sound and taste.
2. What Ways of Knowing are you addressing besides Sense Perception?
I will be analyzing the data I receive and determine the reasoning behind participants answers and hopefully be able to recognize a trend in sounds in correlation to the types of food I give them.
3. To what Areas of Knowledge does your project relate?
My projects relates to the area of knowledge of human psychology and determining how many people answered with the answer they do and why they did so.
4. What is it exactly, you plan to do and/or investigate?
I am going to place earphones or somehow plug the participants ears so they can’t hear anything. I then will feed them certain foods and ask them what sound they hear while they were eating the food. I understand that I could have switched sound for color or texture.. (ect) but I figured to make the experiment less bias considering people are able to make recognitions to certain foods they taste to the color of the food or texture (ect) so I thought that sound would be the perfect option. I hopefully will find a similar trend with the participants.
5. What is your driving question?
How do we know what sound food makes when it makes no sound? Can it be possible and if so what past experiences cause is to here different sounds while eating different food?
6. How is your project inherently about knowledge/knowing?
I will be recording peoples answers by the food I give them and analyzing how certain foods can have a certain sound when giving it to them and what past experiences caused them to think that way.
7. What materials will you need?
I will need various samples of foods, participants, and ear plugs.
8. Who could assist you / mentor you on this project?
I feel that I could manage this project on my own and people will be willing to participate in my experiment.
9. How will you present the project to the class?
I will show the class the participants answers, their reasoning to why they choice the sounds they chose and determine if there was a trend in answers.
10. Projects are due the Cycle of March 1 – how do you plan to manage the time for this task?
I believe that I will be able to manage my time well during this time. I want 10 participants and throughout the week I will feed 5 different types of food to them and ask them what sound they here and why while eating the food.